Any college of osteopathy that wishes COMPO to evaluate its program should contact COMPO at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on school evaluation.
The following eight schools offer osteopathic educational programs in Canada that are based on WHO guidelines:
- National University of Medical Sciences
- National Academy of Osteopathy
- Canadian College of Osteopathy
- Canadian Academy of Osteopathy
- Collège d'Études Ostéopathiques
- Centre Ostéopathique du Québec
- Southern Ontario College of Osteopathy
- Établissementd’Enseignement Supérieur d’Ostéopathie du Canada
Prior to booking an appointment with an osteopathic manual practitioner, patients should enquire if the OMP is indeed a graduate of a WHO compliant school of osteopathy.
We encourage all insurers in Ontario only to approve payments for those practitioners who have graduated from one of the schools listed above that offer WHO compliant osteopathic education.